Four volleyball teams reach super regional round
Published 11:00 am Tuesday, October 18, 2022
Four county volleyball teams will take the court this week at the South Super Regional at the Cramton Bowl Multiplex in Montgomery.
Andalusia and Pleasant Home will play Wednesday and Thursday. Opp and Straughn will play Thursday and Friday.
In each class, the winner and runner-up of each area tournament will compete in one of two super-regional tournaments. Each super regional will use six courts, keeping the allotted 15 minutes between matches, and equitable playing time at each court for all tournament teams.
Play is single-elimination with a best 3-out-of-5 format. Each area winner will play a runner-up from another area in the first round of the bracket. The first four finishers in each super-regional tournament will advance to the state tournament next week. A consolation match will determine the third- and fourth-place teams.
Tickets must be purchased online through the AHSAA’s ticketing partner GoFan with admission set at $10 per day plus a convenience fee. Links for each day are as follows:
- Day 1 (Wednesday) https://gofan.co/app/events/737469?schoolId=AHSAA
- Day 2 (Thursday) https://gofan.co/app/events/737470?schoolId=AHSAA
- Day 3 (Friday) https://gofan.co/app/events/737471?schoolId=AHSAA
All area, super regional, and state tournament contests are the property of the AHSAA. Live streaming of any AHSAA event outside of the regular season is prohibited and will result in a $500 fine for any school that has a set/match streamed.
County matchups for first-round action are as follows:
Wednesday, Oct. 19
Area 7 Runner-up: Sipsey Valley vs. Area 3 Winner: Andalusia (31-9), 10:15 a.m., Court 6
Wednesday, Oct. 19
Area 5 Runner-up: Southern Choctaw (12-10) vs. Area 2 Winner: Pleasant Home (15-11), 12:45 p.m., Court 4
Thursday, Oct. 20
Area 7 Runner-up: Childersburg (8-10) vs. Area 3 Winner: Opp (11-15), 9 a.m., Court 4
Area 3 Runner-up: Straughn (16-14) vs. Area 7 Winner: Indian Springs (13-7), 9 a.m., Court 5
Teams advancing past the first round will play in second-round matches the same day. Teams who win their first two matches will be guaranteed two matches on the second day and a berth in the state tournament.
- The complete 1A bracket can be accessed at https://scorebooklive.com/alabama/volleyball/brackets/2815.
- The complete 3A bracket can be accessed at https://scorebooklive.com/alabama/volleyball/brackets/2817.
- The complete 4A bracket can be accessed at https://scorebooklive.com/alabama/volleyball/brackets/2829.