Opp Chamber of Commerce seeks nominations for Hall of Fame
Published 7:30 am Thursday, February 16, 2023
The Opp and Covington County Area Chamber of Commerce is seeking nominations for the 2023 Opp Hall of Fame Banquet.
A selection committee will be responsible for establishing criteria, rules, and regulations for the administration and operation of the Hall of Fame for the City of Opp. The purpose of the Opp Hall of Fame is “to honor, preserve, and perpetuate for posterity’s sake the names and outstanding accomplishments of residents who have brought lasting fame to the City of Opp.”
The selection of members for induction into the Opp Hall of Fame will be based on the following criteria:
- A person must have by his/her achievements made outstanding contributions to the city of Opp.
- Nominees shall not be limited because sex, creed, color, or race.
- All nominees shall be either sixty-five years of age, retired a minimum of three years, or deceased.
- Accomplishments in the fields of business; civic service; or cultural, educational, or charitable endeavors shall be considered as attributes for selection.
- After initial induction, no more than two persons a year may be added to the Hall of Fame.
- To be selected, a nominee must receive six votes of the seven-member Hall of Fame Selection Committee.
- Nominations of individuals should be thoroughly completed and may include newspaper articles, magazine articles, copies of awards, etc.
The application can be accessed on the Chamber’s website at www.oppcoc.net by clicking the Hall of Fame link on the homepage.
All completed nominations and photographs (5×7 or 8×10 black and white or color) must be submitted no later than Monday, March 24. All submitted materials will become property of the Hall of Fame. The nominee’s photograph and biography will be used in media and press releases.
All materials must be mailed to the Opp Chamber of Commerce c/o Hall of Fame Committee, P.O. Box 148, Opp, AL 36467 or dropped off at the Chamber office located within the Opp Depot at 200 South Main Street. Nominations should not be mailed to the Chamber’s physical address.
All nominations must contain a minimum of one letter of recommendation or support, but additional letters of recommendation or support are encouraged. Nominations remain current for six years. Prior nominations can be made current by submitting a new letter(s) of recommendation or support.
For more information email email@example.com or call Executive Administrator Kelly Brandin at 334-493-3070. Hours of operation for the Opp Chamber are weekdays from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m.