Andalusia Ballet set for annual auction fundraiser
Published 9:15 am Monday, August 21, 2023
The Andalusia Ballet will host its annual Auction/Dinner Benefit on Saturday, August 26, at the Church Street Cultural Arts Centre. The event begins at 7 p.m.
This year’s auction theme, “Vida Vibrante,” plays on the Ballet’s 2023-24 theme, “Vibrant!” The evening begins with time for mingling, followed by a light buffet. Members of the Andalusia Ballet’s Senior Company will perform before auctioneer Jason Sasser takes the floor to open the bidding.
This year’s bid packages range from a beach vacation to Breakfast for eight with Brenda Gantt. Other bid packages include, but are not limited to:
- a half-day quail hunt;
- private dance lessons;
- an heirloom christening gown and handprint art;
- an oil portrait by Vicki Popwell;
- a little girl’s birthday party that includes the venue, birthday cake, and entertainment by our ballerinas;
- a pink sapphire gemstone ring from Christopher’s Diamonds & Fine Jewelry;
- a handmade John Chapman knife;
- a wine tasting with charcuterie for four at The B;
- a pet package that includes a pet portrait, grooming, gift certificates and goodies;
- an interior design consultation with gift certificates to Darby’s and Walker’s;
- a women’s wellness package;
- several packages featuring food, fine wines, and cigars.
Proceeds support the Andalusia Ballet’s mission to bring the art of dance to the community, which it does through its training, performances, and outreach programs which include school performances, Discover Dance Days and AIM High, a free movement class for boys.
Tickets are $50 per person and may be purchased online at www.andalusiaballet.com, or in person at the Ballet or from board members.
For additional information, contact the Ballet at 334-222-6620.