Straughn holds preseason tourney
Straughn head volleyball coach Marc Tracy said the preseason volleyball tournament Tuesday was a great benefit for the teams that were involved.
“I thought it was a pretty good success for the first time doing it,” Tracy said. “We had a good turn out. It’s something we’d like to build on in the future.”
The teams that participated in the tournament were the varsity and junior varsity squads from Straughn, Pleasant Home and Opp.
Each team played two matches.
Additionally, Straughn’s volleyball program will be selling tickets for $5 each for an opportunity to win a $500 VISA gift card until the end of August. The drawing will take place between the junior varsity and varsity games during the Lady Tigers’ match against Opp.
The tournament results are below:
• Straughn JV 2, Pleasant Home JV 0 (25-20, 25-23)
• Pleasant Home varsity 2, Straughn varsity 1 (21-25, 25-20, 15-11)
• Pleasant Home JV 2, Opp JV 0 (25-21, 25-19)
• Pleasant Home varsity 2, Opp varsity 1 (21-25, 26-24, 15-9)
• Straughn JV 2, Opp JV 0 (25-17, 25-21)
• Straughn varsity 2, Opp varsity 1 (25-23, 19-25, 15-12).
Shown at right: Straughn’s Megan Johns jumps up for a spike Tuesday.
More photos from the tournament are on page 10, and our website at www.andalusiastarnews.com.
Story and photos by Andrew Garner/Star-News