Water board seeking CDBG funds
Covington County’s Water Authority adopted a resolution to apply for a CDBG grant to extend a water line on Union Grove Road at its meeting Tuesday morning.
The water authority had been trying to apply for the grant for several years.
In other business, the water authority:
• discussed Antioch pump problems;
• discussed a CenturyLink claim;
• discussed a North Creek Road broken water main. A customer was trying to bury a deer and broke the 6-inch line. The line was later fixed.
• discussed getting an engineer’s report to see if it would be feasible to get water pumped to the Boston Road area; and,
• approved the purchase of a new Ford F-150 4×4 truck at a state bid of $20,585.