Holy Week services planned
Published 2:00 am Saturday, March 24, 2018
Holy Week is sacred in the Christian church, beginning with Palm Sunday, marking the death of Jesus on the cross on Good Friday, followed by his resurrection on Sunday morning.
Here is the schedule of services submitted to The Star-News.
Palm Sunday, March 25
Palm Sunday recalls Jesus’ entry into Jerusalem and his passion on the cross.
9:15 a.m. – St. Mary’s Episcopal’s worship service will begin outside, with a procession into the church, led by a donkey.
Wed., March 28
- 6 p.m. – Stations of the Cross, St. Mary’s.
Thurs., March 29
- 7 p.m. – Mass of the Lord’s Supper, Christ the King Catholic Church.
- 6 p.m. – Maundy Thursday service, St. Mary’s Episcopal Church.
- 6 p.m. – Communion, St. Michael’s Anglican Church.
Good Friday, March 30
- 12 and 6 p.m., Stations of the Cross, St. Michael’s Anglican Church
- 12 and 6 p.m., St. Mary’s Episcopal Church
- 3 p.m. – Stations of the Cross, Christ the King Catholic Church
- 7 p.m. – the Lord’s Passion , •Christ the King Catholic Church
Sat., March 31
- 7:30 p.m. – Easter Vigil Mass, Christ the King Catholic Church
Easter Sunday, April 1
- 6:15 – Sunrise service at the Eldridge and Grimes pond on Sanford Road. The Rev. Jason Thrower, with music led by Jeff Sellers and Scott Rodgers. A light breakfast will be served.
- 6:30 a.m. – Sunrise service at the cemetery on Hwy. 55 South, hosted by the Andalusia Ministerial Association.
- 9:15 a.m. – Service, followed by reception and egg hunt, St. Mary’s Episcopal Church
- 11:15 a.m. – Mass, Christ the King Catholic Church
- 10:30 a.m. – Easter service, St. Michael’s Anglican Church